- Staff at the Geneva Mission may be of assistance if you get into difficulties while in Switzerland. Within certain limitations we can:
- Give you guidance when in trouble with the primary aim of giving a proper orientation.
- Help arrange for the issue of an emergency or replacement passport if considered necessary.
- Help you to contact relatives or friends in Trinidad and Tobago to arrange a money transfer, if you get into financial difficulties.
- Provide you with *list of undertakers in the case of the death of a loved one, and assist you to contact family and friends.
- The provision of the list shall not constitute a recommendation or guarantee of the service provided, and the Geneva Mission and / or the Ambassador shall not be liable for any action arising from the provision of such service.
- There are limits, however, to what we can do. For instance, we cannot:
- Pay your hotel, travel or other bills, bail or medical expenses. .
- Help you with arrangements which would normally be handled by local entities, e.g. banks, lawyers, travel agents, undertakers.
- Give you legal advice or get you out of prison.
- Assure you of prison or hospital conditions better than that accorded a citizen or legal resident.
- Give you a loan, other than in a real emergency and only after the deposit of equivalent funds into the treasury by family or friends in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Trace missing persons or investigate a crime. These are police matters.
- Operate a personal mail service for you. .
Permanent Mission of Trinidad and Tobago
37-39 Rue de Vermont
1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Telephone: +41.22.918.03.80 ; +41.22.918.03.90
Fax: +41.22.734.91.38 ; +41.22.734.88.26